Saturday, June 2, 2012

Ice Cream Sandwiches

A few years ago R asked me to make chocolate cookies. So I scanned our pantry and saw that we had all the needed ingredients, cocoa powder, flour, sugar, butter... Next, I scoured my cookbooks. Luckily I found a recipe. It was amazing! Once I made the recipe I noticed the cookies were very thin. I immediately thought they looked like the cookie pieces in a typical ice cream sandwich. I logged the idea in my head and a few months later when the weather got warmer I came back to the recipe. It worked PERFECTLY. Since making the cookies that day I've adjusted the recipe so that the cookies are thicker, and less like wafers. I made them today with the 'thicker version' and here is the result.
 
Posted by Picasa
The recipe as written follows (if you like thick cookies following the amounts in parentheses) 1-1/4c butter or margarine softened 2 cups sugar 2 eggs 2 t vanilla extra 2 cups all purpose flour (2-1/2c) 3/4c baking cocoa 1t baking soda (3/4t) 1/2t salt In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set and centers are puffed and cracked. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks (cookies will flatten as they cool). Yield: about 5 dozen 8Amazing with mint pieces, or peanut butter chocolate chips.


Til next time, remember to find beauty in your midst!
~me

No comments:

Post a Comment