Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring's BIG creations in small things.

At this time every year I am bursting with ideas! I think it has something to do with the freshness of the season and all the new life around us. Well regardless of the reason I am bursting with gardening, classroom, cooking, and decorating ideas.

Currently, I'm thinking of some BIG ideas for the yard. Mountain Man and I have decided to try and collect the 'extra' flagstone that is already in the yard (30+ pieces of all sizes) and make our own patio type of area in one of the corners. Additionally we just set up a little bird feeder and a small bird bath in the front flower bed. We have some beautiful songbirds in our neighborhood and the kids love hearing them. We don't have as much big wildlife in the part of town we live in so we'll take what we can get. MM even has an iphone app of common birds and he and R have tons of fun trying to guess who visits the bird feeder each day.

I remember when we moved in to this house almost exactly a year ago and as the warmer temperatures arrived I missed the wildlife we had seen regularly in our last much smaller town home. We had deer, coyote, black bears, rabbits, squirrels, hummingbirds, and fox that we could just watch pass us by as we sat on our deck that overlooked several acres of open space. I didn't think I'd miss it but I remember really feeling a void. And so what a sweet reminder of God's BIG creations even in the small things like, House Finches and Cardinals, right by our kitchen window. I'm reminded that at times I NEED to see the world through the eyes of my kids and in so doing I'll be reminded of and gifted with the greatness of God.

And with that in mind today I thought I'd share this with you.







Enjoy your springtime and see His gifts in the smallest things.


Til next time, remember to find beauty in your midst!
~me

No comments:

Post a Comment