Sunday, September 18, 2011

Maple Oatmeal Muffins

Each week on Sunday afternoon or evening I typically do a couple things. Make bread for our sandwiches for the week, using the Oh so handy bread maker. Then I make muffins for breakfasts for the kids. I've tried baked oatmeal in the past and they weren't huge fans. But they LOVE muffins. So we started the year with almond poppyseed, banana and this week I realized I didn't have poppyseeds or banana so it was time to bust out the oatmeal.

I searched the internet and found a recipe for Maple, brown sugar and oatmeal muffins.
I thought they'd be worth trying. The kids sampled one and seemed to like it and I thought they were REALLY yummy.
I only had strawberry/applesauce on hand in stead of regular applesauce but it worked just fine as a substitute ingredient. Oh and no high altitude adjustments necessary!
Enjoy!

 


 


 


 
Posted by Picasa



2 cups unbleached all purpose flour
1 cup quick-cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup low-fat buttermilk
3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 cup packed golden brown sugar
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 400°F. Line twelve 1/3-cup muffin cups with paper liners. Combine first 6 ingredients in large bowl and stir to blend. Whisk buttermilk, applesauce, maple syrup, brown sugar, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended. Add to dry ingredients and stir just to incorporate (do not overmix).
Divide batter equally among muffin cups (batter will reach top of cups). Bake until muffin tops are golden brown and tester inserted into center of muffins comes out clean, about 28 minutes. Transfer to rack and cool.


Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Maple-Oatmeal-Muffins-250#ixzz1YLkM1UaW


Til next time, remember to find beauty in your midst!
~me

No comments:

Post a Comment