Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Mexican Chili

 
Posted by Picasa


This is a really ease recipe. I grew up eating this and it was known as 'Mexi-Rice' some of you may have had it but because its so family friendly and can be varied pretty easily I thought I'd post it.

Ingredients:
1 lb of gr meat, I use turkey
1 packet taco seasoning
tdiced onion
1 can mexi-corn
1 can tomato sauce
1 can black beans (optional)
Orzo pasta
Shredded cheese
sour cream

Directions:
In a large sauce pan, brown the meat in oil, season with 1/2 of taco seasoning packet. Add onion (or I'll use onion powder too). Add corn, tomato sauce, black beans the rest of the seasoning. Stir and cook until heated through.
Meanwhile, make the orzo pasta, or you can do rice (we're have an allergy so we can't). Once the pasta is finished drain it and add it to the meat mixture. Stir and serve with torillas, tortilla chips and the like. Top with cheese and sour cream, or even avacados.
Leftovers of this dish are super yummy too. So you can easily make a double batch. The 2nd day we've eaten them with tortillas as burritoes, or taken in my lunch to work.

*This is also an awesome recipe to use if you need to bring a meal to someone who is gluten free, you can substitute the pasta for brown rice and its delicious as well!


Til next time, remember to find beauty in your midst!
~me

No comments:

Post a Comment